It’s time to ride your bike! There are so many ways that you can enjoy biking, from leisurely rides around town with friends to long distance tours. Riding a bike is also good for the environment and your health. But there are some accessories you should definitely invest in if you want to make cycling more enjoyable. Here are 11 smart bike accessories that will improve your experience on two wheels!
1. Bike Phone Mount: This is a good bike accessory for cyclists who want to be able to check their phone while they ride. Make sure that you have your phone in a safe place, because it can get damaged if you drop your device on the road or trail. You should also make sure that nothing gets caught between spokes of your wheel, or it can cause damage to your phone.
2. Headlight for Night Riding: Cycling in the dark is dangerous! Make sure that you are visible with a headlight so other riders and drivers know where you are at night. There are rechargeable lights available these days, but make sure to always have spare batteries on hand just in case!
3. Fenders: You don’t want water, mud or dirt flying up onto your back when you are biking. Having fenders can help keep you clean and dry while riding in wet conditions.
4. Bike Handlebar Bag: This is a good bike accessory for cyclists who like to bring their phone and wallet with them while they ride. You can also use this bag to carry items such as your house or car keys, spare tube and other tools you might need during a long ride.
5. Bike Gloves: These are good for cyclists who want to be able to grip their handlebars better. They can also help you avoid blisters, so if your hands start hurting during a long ride they might come in handy!
6. Bike Helmet: This is absolutely necessary for cyclists. Make sure that you are always wearing a bike helmet while biking, even if you’re just riding around the neighborhood!
7. Bike Seat: This is an essential bike accessory if you want to be able to ride your bike comfortably. You can also find seats that are more comfortable than others, so make sure to keep experimenting until you find one that works for you!
8. Bike Pump: Make sure that you always have a bike pump with you, because it can be frustrating to run out of air while biking on the road! You don’t want your tires to get too low and cause an accident.
9. Cycling Computer: A cycling computer will help you monitor how fast you are going while biking, which can make the ride even more fun! Make sure that you are always wearing your wrist strap so you don’t lose it.
10. Reflective Vest: This is an essential bike accessory for night biking! You want to be as visible as possible when riding after dark, especially if you live in a more rural area where there aren’t many street lights around. Make sure that the reflectors on your vest are visible from all angles, so you can be seen by other vehicles and cyclists.
11. Water Bottle Holder: This is a good bike accessory for cyclists who like to bring water with them when they ride, because it can get pretty hot during the summer months! Make sure that you are always wearing your wrist strap so you don’t lose it while biking.
Biking is a great way to enjoy the day, whether you are trying to get exercise or choosing not to drive! There are some accessories that can make your cycling experience even better, like bike phone mounts for riders who want to be able to keep their eyes on their phone while riding. Bike lights can help you be seen at night. Fenders will also keep you cleaner and dry, no matter how wet it gets! A bike handlebar bag or water bottle holder can accommodate things that cyclists might need during long rides. Lastly, if you want a more comfortable ride, don't forget about the bike seat!